Monday, April 23, 2007

We're alive...

But I do think I need renters insurance. Seriously.

There was a fire at my apartment tonight. On the other side of my living room wall is a staircase, in between that staircase and the wall was the fire. Thank God for my neighbors who saw the smoke and smelled the plastic burning. They woke Clare and I up and yelled for me to get out/get something to put it out. We got the fire out and called all the necessary people.

The courtesy office for my apartment complex was soo rude!! I had to leave a message but forgot to include my phone number. I gave him ALL the necessary information he needed to get to the apartment, but my phone number (which I immediately left on his pager). While I was outside, I forgot my phone in my apt and when I called him back he was rude! When he got here, he had the NERVE to complain about how I didn't leave my number blah blah blah. I over heard him talking to my neighbor and I walked over and got "ethnic" with him.

YOU try and remember phone message manners when THE WALL OUTSIDE OF YOUR APARTMENT IS ON FIRE!!!

I didn't really think anyone was trying to harm me until the investigator asked if anyone had a grudge against me...ME...Latisha? Not in this state :) I'm trying to keep things light because at least it wasn't an electrical thing or actually inside my apartment.
I'm sorry for waking you up Cammeron, I needed to tell someone in order for it to be real.

Praise the Lord for keeping Clarice and I safe.

1 comment:

Cammeron said...

Hahaha...ethnic...you go girl!!